Marlene ‘Miilo’ C. D’Silva
Multifaceted Artist with experience in Traditional and Digital Art.
Based in Dubai, U.A.E.
MILONIS FZE/ Head Graphic Designer: 2022 - Present
- Created and developed new NFT project for latest launch called "FIERCECROWD".
- Creating materials by hand or by using programs like Adobe's Creative Suite—including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign.
- Creating content for social platforms: Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Discord.
- Ensuring all work aligns with design principles, brand guidelines and company values.
- Providing creative input and expertise.
- Managing workflow efficiently and responsibility for timing and delivery of materials
- Collaborating with team members to develop creative concepts & designs, translating those solutions through to a variety of channels.
MORE INFO: Fiercecrowd NFT
SELF EMPLOYED/ Artist: 2014 - Present
ART & DESIGN
- Proficient with digital & traditional mediums, eg: watercolor, oil & acrylic
- Organize & host consultation sessions with clients
- Successfully translate client’s vision into concrete designs ranging from paintings to business cards, logos & graphics
- Handling packaging & shipping for custom paintings
- Successfully hosted private ‘paint & sip’ events
- Hosted & participated in networking events to increase brand awareness
- Developed NFT Collection: Poker Paws
- Creating & planning content (posts, videos, giveaways, etc.) for social media platforms & website
- Conduct keyword research & use SEO guidelines to optimize content
- Use analytics tools to monitor engagement (e.g. comments & shares)
- Successfully growing social platforms: Tiktok - 58K Followers (+12M Total Views), Instagram - 15.2K Followers & Pinterest - 2.1K Followers (+500K Monthly Views)
- Successfully hosted a live art show on Instagram Live featuring other creatives
- Updating website & blog as needed
- Gained firsthand experience in social media marketing through promoting my art
- Collaborated with multiple brands & creators to create content (posts & videos) tailored to their requests
CITY ART ROOM/ Art Instructor: 2020 - 2021
- Taught techniques of mediums & all practical aspects of art to customers.
- Facilitated an encouraging atmosphere to people & preparing them for success.
- Developed painting strategies for individual pieces.
- Hosting & teaching virtual painting sessions to groups of 6+ people from across the country & world.
BAMCUBED QC/ Graphic Design Intern: 2019 - 2020
- Designed, developed & delivered custom promotional material to clients.
- Collaborated with a team on campaign developments & organized events.
- Involved w/advertising & marketing activities including social media, email, web & printing.
UNCC GALLERIES/ Gallery Intern: 2019
- Assisted in installation and de-installation for gallery events and art exhibitions.
- Monitored the gallery/galleries and completed twelve two-hours sessions throughout the internship.
Final Cut Pro
Soft Skills and Personal Attributes
UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA AT CHARLOTTE
College of Arts & Architecture - Bachelor of Arts in Art
Exhibitions & Media Appearances
Events & Exhibitions
- THE WARMACK// The Lotus Function - OCTOBER 2021 - CHARLOTTE N.C.
- STREET COMMERCE// Big Hearts for Local Arts (pt.2) - JULY 2021 - CHARLOTTE N.C.
- HELLA SCARS// Function on The Block - MAY 2021 - CHARLOTTE N.C.
- THE 47 CLUB// Founder’s Day APRIL & MAY 2021 - CHARLOTTE N.C.
- STREET COMMERCE// Big Hearts for Local Arts - OCTOBER 2020 - CHARLOTTE N.C.
- STREET COMMERCE// Free-University Pop-Up - AUGUST 2020, CHARLOTTE N.C.
- POP MARTIN STUDENT UNION GALLERY// Sanskrit Literary Arts Show - FEBRUARY 2020 - MARCH 2020, CHARLOTTE N.C.
- S PIEDMONT COMMUNITY COLLEGE// Juried Show - DECEMBER 2019 - MARCH 2020, MONROE N.C
- 321 UPTOWN LOUNGE// The Platform NC - NOVEMBER & DECEMBER 2019, CHARLOTTE N.C.
- ARMORED COW BREWING CO.// Halloween Show - OCTOBER 2019, CHARLOTTE N.C.
Media: Interviews, Podcasts & Panels
- WOMEN WITHIN x BADDIE WORLDWIDE// Workshop - OCTOBER 2021 - CHARLOTTE, N.C.
- THE HELLA SCARS SHOW// HELLA MIILO - JULY 2021 - CHARLOTTE, N.C.
- RISE & THRIVE// Mentorship Program - APRIL 2021 - CHARLOTTE N.C.
- THE CULTURE CLASH// Ep.2: The Disconnect - MARCH 2021 - CHARLOTTE, N.C.
- VVIP TV - DUBAI// Miilo - VVIP Interview - JANUARY 2021 - DUBAI, U.A.E.